Asthma in children
Due to the deterioration of the environment and significant growth respiratory infections children's immunity is greatly reduced. This is more common for children with bronchial asthma and various allergic reactions.
Asthma is a chronic disease caused by inflammation of the Airways and, as a result, spasm of the bronchi, which begin to secrete large amounts of mucus. This prevents the normal passage of air through the respiratory tract. Bronchial asthma is divided into two types:
- atopic (allergic);
- Autopista (non-allergenic).
The first type of asthma can be induced allergen particles: dust, pollen, certain foods, cat or dog hair, perfume and so on. In children in 90% of cases it occurs atopic form of the disease. Autopijaca is quite rare and occurs only in the case if the child's body has extreme sensitivity to infectious allergens.
Bronchial asthma in children
Asthma has three forms of severity of the disease:
Depending on how hard and how often the seizures occur, it is necessary to use certain means to their relief. In most cases, children suffering from such illnesses as bronchial asthma, have had this disease since birth in their genes. For every 100 asthmatics have at least 60, having a family member suffering from the same disease. In addition to heredity aggravates the health of a bad environment, which is affecting the genes of the child.
Signs and symptoms asthma in children
In children in time to make the correct diagnosis, bronchial asthma, can be difficult. This is because quite often, the disease has the same symptoms as the common cold, viral respiratory disease. Often parents do not realize that some symptoms talking about a much more serious illness than a simple cold.
However, in bronchial asthma in children no fever, even if the cough frequent and dry, without expectoration. Themselves before the onset of symptoms or signs of asthma are usually a few days come the harbingers. Their duration each child is different. At this time, the children are often angry, scared, are in constant agitation, trouble sleeping.
The precursors occur in the following way:
- initially the baby after a night's sleep from the nose begins to stand out watery mucus, which the child often sneezes, rubs his nose;
- after a few hours starts slightly dry cough;
- after lunch or after his NAP, the cough becomes much stronger, but slightly moist (in children older than 5 years, the cough becomes more humid towards the end of an asthmatic attack);
- the symptoms appear only after 1-2 days, when the cough is paroxysmal in nature.
After the precursors over, symptoms of an attack.
The main symptoms of bronchial asthma in children the first year of life:
- strong dry cough, often paroxysmal occurs immediately after sleep or before it;
- the cough may become less if a child is to give a vertical position or plant. When you return to the horizontal position again, the cough becomes intense;
- shortly before the attack, the baby is very cranky, crying due to nasal congestion;
- shortness of breath;
- breathing becomes irregular, and the breathing frequent and short. Inhaled and exhaled air is accompanied by a whistling and noise.
Children older than one year in addition to the above signs also have the following symptoms:
- strong pressure in the chest, inability to make a full inhalation;
- when you try to breathe through the mouth there is a strong dry cough;
- itching, skin rashes or watery eyes – typical symptoms of asthma;
- prolonged dry cough without sputum;
- cough starts under the same conditions (a pet nearby, the use of any paints on the street or being at home, visiting the library, the presence of a fresh bouquet of flowers home, etc.).
Causes of asthma in children
The main reason why there are asthma attacks is the bronchial hyperreactivity in children, they too sharply react to various stimuli, especially allergenic in nature.
All the reasons why disease develops, are divided into several groups.
Internal factors at the genetic level and condition:
- Sex. Among children with asthma get sick more often boys. This is due to the specific structure of the respiratory system and bronchi. The lumens of the bronchial tree in boys is much narrower than in girls;
- Large child's weight or obese. Asthma develops in such children more often because of the higher position of the diaphragm, lung ventilation at this location is insufficient for normal breathing. Therefore, children who are overweight are more likely to suffer dyskami and asthma;
- Heredity. If the child in the family or someone from the family suffers from asthma or allergies, then the risk of such illness in a child significantly increases.
The impact of external factors:
- Food. Mostly nuts, dairy products, citrus, chocolate, honey and fish;
- Mold or dampness on the walls of the apartment;
- Wool Pets;
- Allergens that cause an asthma attack when hit in the bronchi of the library or house dust;
- Pollen. Inhalation of particles of blooming flowers or trees, often in such asthma is seasonal;
- Some of the drugs. Certain antibiotics, aspirin.
Triggers – the causes that result in the spasm of the bronchi:
- exhaust gases;
- excessively cold or dry air;
- strong physical exertion causes shortness of breath;
- viral infections, colds;
- cleaning products, household chemicals;
- a strong perfume.
Prevention of asthma in children
In order to make the asthma attacks maximum rare, in addition to the immediate treatment needed and prevention of the disease. This refers to the immunity and improve the General condition of the child. Prevention will be a mandatory measure in cases where the child has a predisposition to asthma at the genetic level.
What you need to do to prevent diseases:
- Breast-feeding children from the first days of life and at least until 1 year. If breastfeeding, the mother can't or is forced to terminate, then blend feeding you must choose carefully after consulting with a pediatrician;
- Lure you need to enter only when it is allowed by the doctor. Begin to introduce new products in a strict sequence with the requirements of a pediatrician, to avoid allergenic foods (chocolate, honey, citrus, nuts);
- Try to rid the house of excess "dust collectors": carpets, heavy curtains, tapestries. Books try to keep in a glass bookcase and not on the open shelves;
- Not to have Pets, to avoid allergic to Pets. Try to abandon even the seemingly harmless aquarium fish, because in dry food, which should feed them, can have a strong allergenic substances;
- Blankets and pillows should be hypoallergenic fillings;
- Home use only hypoallergenic detergents and cleaning products;
- As often as possible ventilate the room in calm weather;
- Daily do wet cleaning without auxiliary cleaning agents;
- Hardening is a good way to boost immunity and improve health.
In addition, for a child is very important warm and favorable atmosphere in the family. It is important for children to feel care and support from their parents, and from this disease will attack much less likely.